All international applicants are most welcome to send their portfolios to HBKsaar.
The application and selection process is practically the same for foreigners as it for German applicants. There are however some additional documents to be submitted, such as translations of certificates and the proof of proficiency in the German language.
German language skills
Please note that it is absolutely necessary for you to have sufficient German Language Proficiency before you can start your studies at HBKsaar. Even if you have passed the aptitude test successfully, your will not be allowed to start your studies before you will have proved your German language skills. Indeed the language of instruction at HBKsaar is German.
The proof of German language proficiency can be provided by:
- DSH, level 2 as total result: German language university entrance exam for foreign students
- TestDaF, minimum level TDN4 in all parts of the test: test of German as a foreign language
- Kleines oder großes Sprachdiplom eines Goethe-Institutes
- DSD, level II, Language certificate issued by the Conference of Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs
- Studienkolleg, preparatory college
Chinese applicants are requested to have their academic transcripts approved by the academic examinations office of the cultural affairs department at the Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany in Peking (APS).
For more information please visit the website: www.aps.org.cn
The application procedure begins with the application for the Artistic Aptitude Test which has to be sent to the HBKsaar by 31 March.
HOW TO APPLY
Bachelor or Diplom Degrees
- Application Fine Arts
- Application Communication Design
- Application Product Design
- Application Media Art and Design
First State Examination